|PC: Janel Prigge|
There is something magical about reading as a young girl. You make friends that you keep for the rest of your life! I can't wait to read aloud my favorite series to my own little girl someday (Lord willing). Here are my ten favorite books for girls. Message me if you would like more titles.
1. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett – This charming novel features a sweet heiress who is brought to poverty. Despite her dire circumstances, she behaves like a true little princess.
2. Rainbow Garden by Patricia St. John – Elaine is hurting and confused when she is sent to live with the Owens family. She begins a desperate search for the "fulness of joy." Her exciting discoveries helped me as a young girl make some discoveries of my own!
3. Prairie Princess series by Margaret Epp – This five-book series will capture your heart. Join Sarah on her farm-girl, faith-building adventures.
4. Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace -- Your little girl will soak up this light-hearted, imaginative series. Whimsical Betsy is always creating new journeys for her best friends, Tacy and Tib. You won’t regret delving into Betsy’s world!
5. Millie Keith series by Martha Finley (adapted by Kersten Hamilton) – Words can’t describe how much I enjoy this eight-book series. I’ve read them countless times. My friends have read them countless times. We still read them. Millie is a role model who sees life as an adventure in serving God. These books are exciting, historically educational, hilarious and inspiring. You and your daughter will fall in love with the characters.
6. What Katy Did series by Susan Coolidge – Katy Carr and her siblings never want for mischief. These books are sweet, heartwarming and challenging. Through the pages, Katy learns, though the hardest lesson of all, to give up her own desires to the Lord.
7. All Of A Kind of Family series by Sydney Taylor -- The title says it all. This crazy, fun-loving storyline follows five sisters growing up in New York in the early 1900s.
8. Anne of Green Gables series by L. M. Montgomery – Every young lady should read Anne’s imaginative commentary that goes on for pages and pages. My personal favorite in this series is Rilla of Ingleside.
9. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott – Your heart will be captured by the joys, sorrows, loves, worries, pains and triumphs of these delightful four sisters. I can’t say enough good things about this lovely classic!
|PC: Janel Prigge|
What are your favorite books for little girls?